Well, a few more today

organic_kitten(8)May 1, 2013

Chasing Rainbows:

Here Comes the Night: (ths one is going...hate the white beard)

Sheer Elegance:

Noble Poet:

Last Laugh:

Crystal Gazer:

Enough already!

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bloombuddie

Never enough!! They are all wonderful but my favorite is Noble Poet. Ann

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 10:23PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Definitely not enough Kay!!! I always love your pics! Chasing Rainbows is beautiful! But I believe Crystal Gazer is my favorite.
You are right about that white beard on Here Comes The Night it isn't very attractive. Good thing you have plenty others to keep your eyes busy. :-)

Rena'

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:15PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I can't wait to get Chasing Rainbows. Sheer Elegance is such a gorgeous color- every time I see a pic of yours I want it!

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 2:01PM
organic_kitten(8)

Renee, what are you planting Chasing Rainbows near? The pictures you paint with your flowers are always so beautiful!

Rena, that Stinker is front and center. I planted a red flag on it today. It is going!

Thanks Ann. I really like the bloom, but the bud is ugly. A dirty looking tan. Right now I plan to leave it for another year or so...but I really don't like the buds.

It is totally off topic, but this is my favorite time of year for the roses. The temp and the humidity are perfect for this delicious rose scent to waft to you every time you get near the roses. It is intoxicating! some spring flush beginning: (that white background is snowball bushes)

I do have one more, I'm going to post here. Now to tell you what a duh syndrome I'm having, I went through so many gyrations to identify this rose. Kept going over all my iris charts and looking up names from it. Finally realized I had a label right next to it. These labels are 1.5"X3.5" on a wire post about 16" high. Duh!

Jamaican Dream:

kay

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 9:35PM
SmokyMist(7 East TN)

love Noble Poet

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 10:14PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

I have a bunch that need to be moved to Kay, some out (ugly) and others are tall and are in the front while some real short ones are in the back. When they came in I just planted them and didn't pay attention to height. :-/

You are a great photographer Kay. And all your gardens are beautiful!

Rena'

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 2:00AM
organic_kitten(8)

Thank you, smokymist.

Rena, I spend a lot of time working in the garden because I love it. And I take so many pictures it is absurd. Thanks good ness for digital cameras.

kay

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 8:21PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I love the roses! But I gotta say, the snowball viburnums are stealing the show here.
I have no spot at all for Chasing Rainbows, Kay. I only bought it because I am tired of drooling over it in photos like yours. It will have to live in what used to be the vegetable garden for now.
Renee

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 12:24AM
organic_kitten(8)

Renee, I have a few roses that I have to decide where to plant...with Vintage closing, had to make one more order. And some daylilies are coming that haven't been assigned their spaces yet. So I can identify.

kay

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 4:33AM
ripley529(z7a IL)

Crystal Gazer is my favorite of these. I am impressed that everyone keeps up with names :) I am trying to improve on that.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 10:04AM
ladyrose65

The 'Chasing Rainbows' is beautiful. Beautiful pictures!

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 2:05PM
TNY78(7a-East TN)

Love them all! I think Last Laugh is my favorite. I really kind of like the white beard on Here Comes the Night :)

Tammy

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 3:34PM
More Discussions
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Iris douglasiana
I'm looking for sources for this iris that will ship....
herbal
Question about Bearded Irises
I planted two Jurassic Park bearded irises two years...
GrammaFluff
Moving iris
I have a large bed of Iris that I inherited. I have...
Beth1234
Looking for iris Frost and Flame
Hi, I m looking for the iris Frost and Flame by the...
gibsongirl74_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™