true pink Iris??

queenbee_1(7)May 15, 2010

I am looking for a true pink TB iris, ruffles or not, that will do well in zone 7 (NC). I have yellows, huge white, blue, lavender and purple, that have been given to me by aunts and friends and I don't know any of their names. I have have them listed by who gave them to me ??? So next yr. I might be posting a lot of NOIDs..

Thank you..for your suggestions..QB

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Do you prefer warm or cool pinks, and do you want it dark or pastel?

My color vocabulary has not grown since I got my first box of 64 Crayolas- so when I say "carnation pink" I'm thinking Crayolas. My Beverly Sills iris is just a little warmer than carnation pink. Sheer Ecstacy looks closest to magenta to me.

Renee

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 1:16AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Love to see them!

The truest pastel pink I have seen is Alice Goodman. I was at a garden with a friend who wanted a true pink. Alice wasn't grown there but they had Elisa Renee which my friend declared to be the true pink she wanted. This is the pink which is used with lavenders/purps at Monet's garden.

Many many have peach tones. The remaining tend to be blue-pinks which look truer pink to my eyes.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 1:28AM
daylilyluver(z6)

Renee,

Have you seen Happenstance in person. It looks baby girl pink on this website. I've ordered one and If I don't like it she can go live in my friends garden who wants all things pink (and shades of pink too).

I'll have to get my hands on some Beverly Sills.

Here is a link that might be useful: HAPPENSTANCE

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 10:30AM
queenbee_1(7)

I love these baby girl pink ones, Happenstance, Beverly Sills and Alice Goodman.. These are the colors I am interested in.. Thanks everyone QB

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 11:15AM
catscottage

alice goodman is very pink

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 11:25AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

They are all so pretty! I love Alice. Happenstance looks like it's going to be a real beauty. Maybe a little cooler than Alice or Beverly Sills.
Renee

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 6:32PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Anna Belle Babson was prettier in my garden than Beverly.

Her Pinkness has been recommended.

Coming Up Roses also recommended to me.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 12:12AM
organic_kitten(8)

I am Glad you posted this. I love the pinks, and am waiting on Kitty Kay that looks pink on Schreiner's site anyway. I'll have to get Happenstance.
kay

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 2:37PM
daylilyluver(z6)

Can I just say...

That gardeners are AWESOME people!!!

I received an email from a gardener on this site who offered me some Beverly Sills. How cool is that?!

I'm paying it forward by offering a fellow work gardener some daylilies and montauk daisies.

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 3:08PM
queenbee_1(7)

daylilyluver, It is a wonderful world.. Most gardeners I know, love to share some of their goodies.. I know almost all my dear husband's aunts have gifted me w/ starts of all their plants/bulbs! Many/most don't know the names of the plants SO I have a yard full of "Aunt Hallie's" iris, two rose bushes w/ " Aunt Alice" and tons of daylilies from "Grandma"...I have a rose that my dear Father in Law gave to his wife 50yrs ago.. It has the tag "Papa's rose" .. Many times, even if I can find an id for these plants the tag stays... Glad you are sharing... QB

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
Herbicide recommendation for iris bed
Hello, I am usually solely a contributor in the vegetable...
hokiehorticulture
Maybe Triple Your Pleasure?
I was so pleased by the ample rebloom I got from Double...
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
Homeless US Navy Veteran w. Iris seed to trade
Hello, I currently live at the Homeless Veterans Emergency...
BearState
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™