Is Endless Summer a flopper?

madeyna(7/8)September 12, 2009

My three year old endless summer has more limbs on the ground than standing up is this normal for this age plant? The other endless summer is younger and has support but I thought the bigger one wouldn,t need it this year. It looks like someone laid down on it. I have dogs so I,m not so sure some one didn,t do just that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

No, not normally. Annabelle has weak stems and it suffers from this problem when it has big blooms and it rains enough that the added weight makes them tumble. But ES should have stronger stems. Most likely it was the pooches.

I just had another plant flattened like yours 2/3 days ago too. The plant, not a hydrangea, was besides an iron structure that I use for climbing vines. I speculate that my dogs saw some vermin that ran/jumped into the structure and they stomped on top of the plant trying to get "it". Sigh... these baby girls of mine....

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 1:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
madeyna(7/8)

Thanks that makes me feel better about the plant. I was already trying to figure how to cage it up without it looking stupid for next year. I guess I,ll just have to figure out how to keep the animals out of it instead.

Bookmark   September 13, 2009 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
Hydrangea Blooms
A young macrophylla bloom. Post your pics!
catkin
New 2015 hydrangea cultivars?
Anybody looking into what's coming in 2015. I thought...
plumism
Hydrangea has never bloomed
Hi everyone, I purchased three Forever and Ever hydrangeas...
stridn
What Hydrangea to grow in full sun
Hi, I'm a total newbie to gardening. I want to plant...
Kachana
DEEP blue
When I was growing up my grandmother had big vigorous...
nonconformist_nymphette
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™