in need of castor beens to fend of babboons!

wilhelm.dupOctober 6, 2011

Hello I'm in South Africa and I have a horde of pestilential mountain baboons destroying our vegetable garden constantly.

I would like to surround my vegetable garden with a barrage of castor bean plants.

does anyone have any seeds / beans I have eard different things people talking abuot castor bean plant SEEDS and then beans. Aren't the beans the seeds.

Please email me at wilhelm.dup@gmail.com, I can't get hold of these beans in this country, which is lovely without babboons in your vegetable garden, I can tell you.

Please let me know... a bag of beans would also help, but where do you get them? The baboons even eat potato peels, in fact they will eat anything edible, and I don't favour chemicals as I'm a bit of a naturalist. I just want to get rid of them, they're worse than the complains of DEER I've read about here...

thanks,

Wilhelm

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Belgianpup(Wa/Zone 7b)

Baboons are smart animals, which is why SA has such a problem. I don't know of a single type of animal here in the USA that will eat castor beans.

About the only remedy that I have heard will keep baboons out of anywhere is electric fencing.

Sue

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 1:03AM
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

In the US we have problems with baboons in congress. No one seems to be able to remove them.

Bookmark   October 15, 2011 at 2:05PM
KatyaKatya(6)

Oh! Oh! Maybe plain old castor oil for some Congressmen is a good idea? I am apprehensive of growing castor beans because I have children and very stupid dogs running around, but lots of people grow them and lots of seed catalogs carry them and some seed catalogs will ship overseas. One of them is Johnny's selected seeds, and I am sure there is more.

Bookmark   January 27, 2012 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
Garden Art Sculpture
Hello! It's my first time here and I have no experience...
chloelee
Growing vegetables in part shade?
Have any of you experimented with growing veges in...
Stephen1
veggie crosses ... any can be dangerous to taste...?
We often have crazy crosses of the garden things from...
vieja_gw
gardening for fulfillment
I USED TO DO A LOT OF GARDENING that is until about...
campingfriends
Chestnuts: "Nutgrafting"
Anyone knows the grafting method described in the photo? I...
cumulus_nimbus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™