A cool lab idea.
Here is a lab that I designed but may not be able to do so I would appreciate someone else doing it and posting the progress. Record things like leaf color, leaf size, general apperance, and othe vital signs daily. Reply and tell me what you think
Effects of Macronutrients on Tomato Growth
Â To discover the effects that the macronutrients have on a plantÂs growth
8 tomato seedlings (All same height, approximately 4in. tall)
All Purpose Fertilizer (10-10-10)
Nitrogen Fertilizer (10-0-0)
Phosphorous Fertilizer (0-10-0)
Potassium Fertilizer (0-0-10)
Hypothesis: Different macronutrients affect different aspects of a plantÂs growth
1. Slide the tomato seedlings out of their containers and in tepid water carefully remove all dirt from around the roots.
2. Insert roots into flasks.
3. Label the flasks -N, -P, -K, -Cu, -S, -Mg, +control, -control.
4. Fill all flasks but +control and Âcontrol with mineral water, fill the remaining two with distilled water.
5. Put all fertilizers except for the one on the label in the first six flasks. In +control put the all purpose fertilizer and in -control donÂt put anything.
6. Watch, wait, and fertilize
PS- You dont have to use tomatoes.In fact, it would be realy cool if diferent people do it with diferent plants.