My 1st post w/ pics.!

gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)June 2, 2012

I finally found a few minutes to dedicate to figuring out how to post pics! Here goes nothing...

noid Iris w/ Persian Shield (purple foliage)

Cascade Pass Amazing substance on this one, the flower stayed perfect through a storm that destroyed my greenhouse.

I was thinking of putting it out of my gardens until that. The fact that it was there to greet me with a smile through the storm and tears made it a keeper!

And another noid, this was my very 1st bearded Iris given to me by a neighbor years ago. A dwarf it grows to about 12-14" tall in the sun and 8-12" in the shade.

And a few more pics of my garden. But soon to follow will be lots more. My husband actually takes most of the photos so I have to get them from his laptop to mine.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

And a photo of me, I like to have a face with the name so I thought I would give y'all one of me. Taken last December on my 38th birthday.

Rena'

Bookmark   June 2, 2012 at 2:19AM
Nancy zone 6

The iris with the Persian Shield really set each other off nicely. I like the blue beard on the 2nd one. Your garden photos are lovely, so happy you can post photos now!

Bookmark   June 2, 2012 at 1:33PM

Thank you, me too! I like to put the pots of plants where I think I want them and take pics. Then mull it over for a day or so to make sure that's where I want them before I plant them or else I end up digging them up and moving them. Which I've been doing a lot of lately anyway. lol I drive myself batty I'm already way overboard with how many plants/bulbs need to be planted and then I start digging up already planted plants because
A. wrong placement for size
B. clashing of color
C. not thriving in that spot
D. just because... lol

And the noid in the 1st pic is actually an amazing color every hour it's a different color. It is iridescent and just striking my mother in-law gave that one to me. I just planted it 1 month before it bloomed and the poor thing had been out of the ground probably 3 months! I thought that was amazing. Not very good substance though. The 1st blooms falls got blown off with a slight breeze and became a flatty. It had 3 blooms and they all 3 looked different.
I don't know anything about it but I'm hoping it's at least a rebloomer. We'll see...

Rena'

Bookmark   June 2, 2012 at 2:28PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I love the purple iris with the Persian Shield. I'm moving things around this week. What a chore.
Renee

Bookmark   June 2, 2012 at 3:10PM
aseedisapromise

I think we all move/change things all the time. It's not a chore so much as what we do. Sorry you lost your greenhouse, Now that's a chore.

Bookmark   June 3, 2012 at 12:48PM

ngraham Thank you me too!

Renee The heat here is treacherous already.

aseedisapromise Thank you. Yep a serious chore. Get this though 6 huge heavy cinder blocks were thrown into the woods but I had a plastic 3 tiered Coca-Cola shelf that my Mom had given me and it was not moved! Very odd. I am thankful that I didn't have everything destroyed.

Rena'

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 11:38PM
More Discussions
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
Homeless US Navy Veteran w. Iris seed to trade
Hello, I currently live at the Homeless Veterans Emergency...
BearState
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
Consequences of transplanting in winter/early spring, zone 5
Hello, I have a question about transplanting irises....
kmburton
Dried out Rhizomes - Iris
I have a few Iris that are dried out from storing them...
pinkkpearls
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™