HAVE: rice pea cowpeas (southern peas)

lakedallasmary(8 - North Central TX)April 3, 2007

I have 16 trades of rice peas.

They are currently listed in the Seed savers exchange yearbook, but I have only had one request so far, so I think I am very safe to trade some here. If you are interested in my rice beans, let me know.

These did very well in our Texas heat and are a good producer. They make very small peas, which are mild in flavor.

This is my first year in the seed savers yearbook, so I have no clue what to expect as far as numbers of seeds that will be requested. I think I have low request rate since, many others are offering rice peas, and the other listing, I have down as limited quantity, which excludes non listed members from requesting those. I will avoid the LQ notation next year.

Sorry for digressing. I was just all excited to list in the yearbook and then not much interest. What a drag.

I do wonder how many seeds go unclaimed from yearbook listings. What a shame, after all the trouble of saving packaging up the seeds.

see my trade list, but I am mostly interested in trying different

southern peas

sweet peas

string beans for the south

and butter beans

Mary from north Texas

Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade list

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin

Mary, don't be discouraged. Out of over 100 listings that I currently have in the SSE Yearbook, most get requested only once a year or less... and some never. In my 6 years as a listing member, only once has anyone re-offered one of my seeds.

(You will find one of my offerings, Red Rice Bean, directly below yours.)

Yes, it can be a drag... fortunately, if I feel discouraged, I can hang out here. ;-)

Due to my extreme Northern location, most of my beans are adapted to cooler weather; but I do have something from your want list.

"Hopi Pole" is a medium-large butterbean, with attractive multi-colored seeds and a very heavy yield. Since it is a native of the desert Southwest, it should possess some resistance to heat. It has a rich flavor & fine texture when harvested as a butterbean.

If you are interested, contact me through my member page.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 12:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lakedallasmary(8 - North Central TX)

I have a lot of these rice beans so will send 100 not 50 seeds.

Bookmark   April 15, 2007 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Want Uncle Steve's Pole Bean
Have Cowhorn Okra. Only want 4 seeds, I already planted...
lucille
WANTED: hyacinth beeans
would like hyacinth bean seeds
whiteeaglesue
HAVE: Brown Crowder Pea, Greasy Grit Bean
I have: Brown Crowder Cowpea Purple Hull Cowpea Greasy...
theodosiaunderwood
HAVE: Round Robin Bean swap
There is a bean swap on the round robin forum. If you...
mchill320
WANTED: bean swap now open
The bean swap is now open on the Round Robin forum...
hementia8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™