Pictures of my ES

melaroma(6)October 11, 2009

Here are some pictures of my ES the Original that I took in August. I love this plant for it green beautiful foliage and for it continuos blooms. I highly recommend it. I just bought a Blushing Bride and Nikko Blue.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hydrangeasnohio(6a)

The blushing bride is great hydrangea!! I have two and is one of my favorite. The Nikko will need winter protection in your zone.

Bookmark   October 11, 2009 at 2:26PM
melaroma(6)

Thank you, I was wondering about that since the nursery where I bought the nikko said that I wouldn't need to protect it but that didn't sound right. I'm not worried about my ES because they bloom on new wood as well.

Bookmark   October 11, 2009 at 4:10PM
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

It is kind of an iffy thing. A relative of mine does not winter protect Nikko in Zone 6a (MASS) against a west facing wall and has not reported problems. Many nurseries also say that it is hardy to Z6 but I still hear others in Z6 who need to winter protect Nikko so go figure!

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 11:00AM
melaroma(6)

Luis, are you by any chance from PR? My Nikko is on a North wall and is protected somewhat more that the South wall. My ES is on the same wall but under a overhang so it is way more protected.

Bookmark   October 15, 2009 at 11:10AM
lsimms(6a-6bMA)

It looks so cute there. Wait until you see the pics I post on Sunday if we don't get a frost. They're 5 feet plus each way. You can prune this to your pleasure, so don't get too worried if you need to keep it small. If it's got the right sun/shade, the plant is very pliable/prunable. I think hydrangea blooms dripping onto your porch will be very beautiful. Thanks for the pics.

Bookmark   October 23, 2009 at 11:09PM
More Discussions
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
Hydrangea has never bloomed
Hi everyone, I purchased three Forever and Ever hydrangeas...
stridn
Are these stems diseased?
Are These little blackish spots on the stems normal...
oberci
Hydrangeas in wet soil
I have an empty area beside our air conditioning unit...
ryank817
Need help with hydrangea companions
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. It is...
suz9601
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™