How's your garden doing?

alblancher(8)May 16, 2006

I'm excited,

With everything we've been through the storm, the drought, the heavy rain and wind when we do get rain my garden is looking great.

Tomatos are numerous and large with few blemishes so far, crooked neck squash are growing so fast I have to harvest 2 times a day. Banana peppers, bell peppers and cayanne peppers are full of flowers and the plants are healthy. Cucs and watermellon growing like wild.

Blackberries are huge, peaches are a little small but developing color nicely. Muscadine and table grapes are full of developing fruit. Figs look good.

Only thing that may not make it is some brussel sprouts that seem to be going nowhere.

I sure love living down here.

Al

Oh and by the way the speckled trout are biting like mad!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harper(8)

Al, Brussels sprouts are a cool season veggie down here. You need to seed them mid summer or transplant in the fall.

Haven't had specks in a long time. Love 'em lightly pan fried the day they're caught. Talk about good!

I'm still harvesting Swiss chard. Getting a handful of cherry tomatoes every day. Looks like I'll have my first Brandy Boys in a couple days ... they're starting to blush. Have lots of purple jalapenos & purple bells. Everything else is herbs and flowers.

Killed a few stink bugs already. I HATE those things!!!

Harper

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 1:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alblancher(8)

Hi Harper,

I guess I planted the mustard and brussel sprouts too late, around January. Live and Learn.

Never tried Brandy Boys let me know how they do. I have elfs, big boys, roma, and a type of grape tomato. All the HD seeds.

Al

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Mirliton
Anybody see any Mirliton seedlings in the New Orleans,...
alblancher
Lake Charles fruit/citrus trees
Hi all, I'm in Lake Charles (zone 9). I am in the process...
rockydog101
When to prune live oak
Hi everyone. I need to prune a live oak to clear the...
jon2412
Is it time to plant Four O'Clock seeds?
I bought a package of mixed color seeds that I want...
janet_la
Night blooming jasmine TREE
not a vine but tree. does anyone have any information...
energy_rater_la
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™