insuk wang kong runner bean

manure_queen(md 7)January 14, 2008

is this a fresh bean or a shelled bean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jwr6404(8B Wa)

We have always eaten them as a shelled Bean. Other,more experienced Bean growers,have suggested they shood taste good fresh.

Jim

Bookmark   January 14, 2008 at 5:25PM
soonergrandmom

Jim jwr6406
Thanks so much for the package. Received my beans today.

Now I understand the hernia comments on the others thread. WOW those are big and pretty. Do you space yours at 12 or 15 inches like Zeedman said he does? I can sure see why you don't want this one to die out. Thanks again. Carol

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 7:50PM
jwr6404(8B Wa)

carol
Glad you received and are happy with the beans. We normally plant ours in groups of 3-4 seeds 4ft apart.This year I removed 4 non-productive grape vines that I had growing over a 9ft tall metal arch. I built the frame for a 12 inch(1ft x 5ft)raised garden on each side of the arch. I will plant these seeds close as I want to maximise the flowers. This Arch faces the main street down to the Puget Sound and will be visable drivers and walkers as they go by. The walkers will have the additional pleasure of seeing all the Hummingbirds. These Bean Flowers really seem to attract Hummingbirds,in fact I never saw a hummingbird until we started growing the beans.

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 1:54AM
soonergrandmom

I think I will try some in the garden and some on the south side of my house where they will get afternoon shade from a large tree. Our summers get very hot. I live at the lake so I get a lot of hummers and they will be grateful to find nectar in a "real flower" instead of the thousands of sugar feeders that are here. I will enjoy both the flowers and the beans.

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 10:45AM
More Discussions
Brown bunch beans---info....please.
My 3 rows of KY Wonder bush bean played their best...
utdeedee
Marvel of Venice
I'd like to try a couple of plants of the yellow pole...
barbge
where to find Hilda/Helda romano pole beans?
Two yeas ago health problems interfered with getting...
matthias_lang
Japanese Sword Beans
Anyone grow these. Kitizawa seed company offers them....
denninmi
Interesting threads...
Searching for past posts isn't that easy, at least...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™