Moving a Limelight without killing it - hopefully
I have a 4-year old Limelight that bloomed hardly at all this year. I think it had one flower. It's growing in total shade, so I'm thinking it needs some sun. I have freed up a sunny spot for it, but I'm leery of doing the deed since I lost a Pinky Winky last winter that I transplanted. It had lost most of its leaves when I moved it, so I'm wondering if moving the Limelight before it goes dormant would be better than waiting for dormancy. Fall just arrived today in my part of Florida and the humidity and high heat seems to be gone a little ahead of the usual schedule, but we have plenty of growing time left. What does everyone think would be the best way and time to transplant?
Here is a link that might be useful: If only sweat were irrigation...