rooting agapanthus pups

showrfresh(z7 MS)June 7, 2010

I purchased two agapanthus Ellamae plants over the weekend. I divided them before I planted them because there were at least three big plants in each pot. I guess I was a little too rough when dividing because four of the pups snapped off while I was sawing through the roots and crowns.

Can I root these pups? They have some crown on them, but no existing roots. I am wondering if I can put them in a little water and root them.

Lisa in central Mississippi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_licuala(10a)

Is there green wood?

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 1:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
georgiawest1

When seperating my agapanthus I have been pretty ruthless, and thus wound up with some rootless chunks of plants. Just for the heck of it, I've stuck them in the ground with zero expectation of survival and they've popped up each spring as readily as those delivered with TLC.

Don't know if this will work for you but mine have divided so prolifically that wrestling them out of the roots of my azaleas is oftentimes not pretty, but they always survive.

Having said that, my friend in Natchez, 60 miles or so due East of me has very little luck ever getting his to overwinter in the ground.

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 9:44PM
More Discussions
Mirliton
Anybody see any Mirliton seedlings in the New Orleans,...
alblancher
Lake Charles fruit/citrus trees
Hi all, I'm in Lake Charles (zone 9). I am in the process...
rockydog101
Do your snaps bloom in winter?
Hi, folks. It's pansy planting time here, and as I...
donnabaskets
Avocats fiscalistes Canada
Deux ans plus tard, votre client vous appelle. Il est...
MichelCoderre1
Was this past winter harsh in Miss/ Louisiana?
You guys are about as southern as possible, but did...
poaky1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™