Well, it's official. Wet, lightly snowing already here now in NE

kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)November 4, 2009

Didn't expect this yet. Hope the hydrangea will be ok. It's a F&E series Blue Heaven. This might just help to force it into good dormancy. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
madeyna(7/8)

It should be fine. We had such a heavy frost a few days ago that it looked like snow. I had to scrap off the truck windows. My FF leafs and flowers still great, like they did this summer. I think having them up next to the house has really protected them more than I thought it would.

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 11:37AM
kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)

I don't have them up against the house, but it is up against a line of evergreen hedges. There is also a miscanthus that sits on its right that blocks a lot of the wind too. I put the chicken wire fencing in place and wrapped burlap around it 3 times, but I won't add the leaves and pine needles until later on in late November, or early December.

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 3:40PM
mxk3(Zone 6 SE MI)

I heard on the radio late this morning we may get a few snow flurries tonight....

It was very chilly here last night, took the beasts out for walk about 8 pm and I was really cold even though I had a jacket and gloves on. DH said he had to scrape frost from his windshield when leaving work about 10 pm.

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
DEEP blue
When I was growing up my grandmother had big vigorous...
nonconformist_nymphette
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
Everlasting series
I'm a grower in RI and tried the Everlasting series...
theplayer
Endless Summer Hydrangea Wont Bloom
Hi. I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangea's. This is the...
emba129
Little Lime and Limelight Hydrangea
Both hydrangeas have (some) branches that are somewhat...
gardenbug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™