McComb Tomorrow

FlowrLady(7/MS Olive Bran)July 22, 2005

I'm heading to McComb in the morning, 4:00 a.m. Will be there most of the day, then home. What do I need to see while I'm in McComb?

It might be too hot to go outdoors, but I'd like to look around if anyone knows of any interesting things to do there.

I'm from North MS, so McComb should offer something different... let me know!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HanArt(8b)

How was your trip?

Bookmark   July 24, 2005 at 3:18PM
FlowrLady(7/MS Olive Bran)

It was tiring. We had a good time - 5 hours down there, 5 hours at the reunion, 6 hours back. My little grandkids had it the roughest! I didn't see anything in McComb except Piercy Priest state park. We were in the Shriners Building. There are five cousins left in my mother's generation, and four of them were there... Three of them belong to my grandfather. I feel blessed to still have them. My great grandfather and grandmother had about 11 kids, so you know there used to be a LOT of cousins, and my grandfather's children are still around! Of course, two uncles and one aunt has passed.

I like to go because I am getting to know people who were never around when I was growing up, and they are my relatives! My son enjoys it; and, of course I like to show off my grandchildren. My daughter-in-law is adopted, so she doesn't have any 'blood' relatives to be a part of, although she has a beautiful family that she's just as big a part of as if she'd been 'born' to them. There is no other event exactly like a reunion.

Thanks for asking!

Bookmark   July 25, 2005 at 4:13PM
alblancher(8)

Percy Quinn is a great way to spend a couple of days.

Bookmark   July 26, 2005 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
Jacaranda Mimosifolia
Anyone in south Louisiana growing this tree in the...
lac1361
When to prune live oak
Hi everyone. I need to prune a live oak to clear the...
jon2412
Is it time to plant Four O'Clock seeds?
I bought a package of mixed color seeds that I want...
janet_la
Northeast Mississippi Gardeners
Anyone here from Booneville/Tupelo area ? Jenkins
Jenkins
Planting a Live Oak
Hi... I'm new to the forum, and I hope you welcome...
nolawed
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™