In your Garden

louisiana_girl(8Central La.)July 15, 2006

What have you got growing in your garden?I still have hibiscus,Angel trumpet,and a few others.I posted a message on exchanges so take a look.Thank You

louisiana_girl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sdogwood(9)

I have Hibiscus, Roses, Clematis, Crepe Myrtles, Coleus, Mandavella, Begonia and Caladiums. Some of them are getting a bit tired looking and need a drink every day. sDogwood

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 11:41PM
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

Hoo, listing everything in my garden would take a book! I have some hardy hibiscus, iochroma (a member of the same family as angel trumpets, brugs, which I also have, but without a common name I think) a dozen or so different alocasias, colocasias, xanthosomas (elephant ears) a lot of different begonias (I like to collect things, and seldom have more than one of anything!) hmm--different gesneriads. I've been collecting hardy ones lately, and have a number of sinningias and a seemannia (formerly gloxinia) that are doing quite well. And other stuff too--quite a number of things seem to like this weather better than I do at the moment, tho' having them do so well helps me too!

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 3:58PM
showrfresh(z7 MS)

I have Eleanor Tabor indian hawthorne and Pleasant White and Renee Michelle azaleas as foundation plants. Plenty of lantana, a sweet olive shrub, juniper, mexican petunias, and a hydrangea balance out the rest of the front beds. In the back I have plenty of azaleas, more lantana, gazania, hosta, irises, daylilies, and another hydrangea. A few grasses like blue fescue and three large "cabbage" palms.

Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 2:35PM
grljoy3

I have a few in my garden, I'm a newbie. I have elephant ears, dahlia, bearded iris, gladiolus, and looking for some plants to plant for the fall. Any suggestions?

thanks

Bookmark   August 10, 2006 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Ligularia
I live in North Louisiana (zone 8a). I would like to...
savannaht
Was this past winter harsh in Miss/ Louisiana?
You guys are about as southern as possible, but did...
poaky1
Night blooming jasmine TREE
not a vine but tree. does anyone have any information...
energy_rater_la
Is it time to plant Four O'Clock seeds?
I bought a package of mixed color seeds that I want...
janet_la
Looking for Gardeners in the NE
Looking for gardeners that live in Northeast Louisiana,...
sebastian
Sponsored Products
5' Teak Garden Bench
Fifthroom.com
Kichler Lafayette Low Voltage Landscape Path Light
Lamps Plus
Echo Garden Rug 5'6" x 8'6" - PENNY
$1,629.00 | Horchow
Weathervanes Verdigris Copper Rooster Weathervane On Garden Base | 19418
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Palram Plant Inn 4' x 4' Urban Vegetable Garden Greenhouse
Overstock.com