Anyone have any hard info on LED lights?

jimshyJanuary 7, 2005

Saw this link on another forum, and though it's expensive, the physical set-up of the lights (compact, directional, etc.) seems to have advantanges. Naturally, there's absolutely no info on light output -- not even in lux! -- so I'm not biting, but I'm wondering if anyone's heard of something more specific about these . . .

Thanks,

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: LED grow light

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gawdly

No. Last time the subject was brought up there was a little catfight and the matter has been quite for the last month or so.

Sam

Bookmark   January 7, 2005 at 1:42PM
franktank232(z5 WI)

for what i can gather...LED's still can't catch Flourescents for lumens/watt..but i'm sure that'll change as the technology progresses...maybe :)

Bookmark   January 11, 2005 at 10:20PM
alicelink99

Please be quiet ,you can contact with them for details.

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 4:33AM
shrubs_n_bulbs(z8/9 UK)

They're an expensive ornament! Buy one if you like the appearance, otherwise get yourself one of those spiral compact fluorescents from Home Depot and save yourself $165 ;) If you're worried about running costs, you can run your compact fluorescent for ten years and the electricity will still cost less than one LED bar.

The claim for these LED lights is that three bars (=18W of LEDs) is equivalent to a 400W metal halide. My claim is that their arithmetic is seriously flawed (or they are just lying), confirmed by the fact that they can't even calculate the running costs correctly.

P.A. alicelink99 of course, works for the LED site, so regard those comments with caution.

Bookmark   March 15, 2007 at 10:17AM
More Discussions
Timers that reduce and increase lighting to simulate seasons
I was talking to MesaGardens today and he mentioned...
Bama_Joe
New to Forum - some questions, comments about heating mats
I have been starting flower seeds indoors for years...
snapdrag
What are the Consequences of Leaving Lights on 24/7
My seedlings are just shy of 3 weeks old. Almost all...
kandm
Correcting Lighting Later?
Hello, I am germinating Palmer amaranth for an experiment...
Tigger033
Yellow petunias
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong with my petunia...
birkjar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™