How to's of trimming a PomPom Bush

grannysibylSeptember 27, 2006

Does anyone know how much you can trim off a PomPom bush? I know this is not the name of the bush, but the heads of the bush look like pompoms. Mine is well over 15 years old and the heads are very large. I don't want to kill it by cutting off too much, but there are about 10-15 inches of dead branches before you get the green tops. Thank you for any info you can give me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

When you first posted this I looked for information on 'PomPom Bush' and couldn't find any. I've been checking back hoping someone knew what it is and could answer you, but I'm guessing everyone else is in the same boat I am. Do you know another name for it? Maybe have a picture? Can't tell you anything without knowing what it is, but are you sure it needs to be trimmed? Lots of people turn their bushes into nice neat poodles and meatballs, but some of us like the natural look--just an idea. Maybe it really needs it to bloom better, or fit your space, or whatever.

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 8:46PM
sramsaroop_verizon_net

Sounds like something I have in my Garden. Take a look at this link. There are 8 snowball per limb. The name is on the link.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=japanese+snowball+bush&view=detail&id=691B3E5FD900164699D8C0DD12CE5A0570F21483&first=0

Hope this help.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 10:01PM
seanandkaryn_bigpond_com

Are you thinking of the Hydrangea? They are blue or red flowered, depending on their soil type.

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
Has anybody else seen purple dragonflies?
Hi! I was drinking my coffee by the koi pond this morning...
taffyj
Looking for Gardeners in the NE
Looking for gardeners that live in Northeast Louisiana,...
sebastian
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
Ligularia
I live in North Louisiana (zone 8a). I would like to...
savannaht
Is it time to plant Four O'Clock seeds?
I bought a package of mixed color seeds that I want...
janet_la
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™