Bulk Manures

lagreenthumbSeptember 27, 2009

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and look forward to participating. Been gardening quite awhile and enjoy it and usually produce a decent garden both spring and fall. I live in Central louisiana and have been searching for a source for bulk manures,compost ect, for quite some time. We used to have a chicken farm close but, no more and it has become difficult to locate anything in bulk quantities. Anyone in Cenla have a good source?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vegeburger

Good question. I also like to know a good source in Baton Rouge. All I could find in bulk quantity are garden soils from Clegg's and Woener.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 12:24PM
lagreenthumb

Vegeburger,
Cleggs is the only place I know in BatonRouge. Gardening is popular in my area, but you would not know it by what is availiable. I did pass a place in Forest Hill the other day called Natures Best soils but have not found a contact number yet. They may only sell to the nursuries. Will post when I find out. 3 years ago Lowes was overstocked on manure and peat humis and had a clearance sale. I got a 2400lb pallet of cow manure for $20.00 and got one for a friend too. I wish I would have bought more and have not seen a sale like that again. I will be planting Mustard Greens this morning, then some Clover cover crops for the Winter for a nitrogen trap crop. I had to order last year from California, Sulfate of Potash, which was not availiable here. It is a hassle when no one sells organic supplies.

Bookmark   October 2, 2009 at 8:18AM
natal(Louisiana 8b)

Vegeburger, have you checked with Harb's Oasis?

Bookmark   October 4, 2009 at 6:21PM
cameltoe

I may know of someone looking for someone to pick up quail manure, about 12 wheelbarrow loads a month. They are located in Denham Springs, just east of Baton Rouge. If that isn't too far a drive, I can send you their email.

Bookmark   October 4, 2009 at 9:39PM
lagreenthumb

Hello Cameltoe,
I'm sure someone would be interested.I used to live in Denham Springs until Katrina. It's a good 21/2 to 3 hr drive for me but feel free to send that email and I will check into the details. Thanks

Bookmark   October 8, 2009 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
When to prune live oak
Hi everyone. I need to prune a live oak to clear the...
jon2412
Planting a Live Oak
Hi... I'm new to the forum, and I hope you welcome...
nolawed
Beets and Chard are Falling Over
Hello All, I've noticed recently that my beets and...
jshphoto
Northeast Mississippi Gardeners
Anyone here from Booneville/Tupelo area ? Jenkins
Jenkins
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™