Sadly no more iris, just prettys

marricgardensJune 19, 2011

My irises are almost finished blooming but I thought I'd just post some extras I have right now.

This is White Valerian that I started from seed last year. Some people say it smells like vanilla but not to me!

These poppies reseeded everywhere. I now have them all through my iris and daylily beds. Angels Choir poppies are really nice tho so I don't mind. Here they are with the last of the iris.

My Nigella has done a great job of flowering this year. I love the ferny foliage.

This is the first year I have grown Ice Plant, I love it!

This is Karl Rosenfeldt peony. This year it came up much darker red than usual.

Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyjay

Wow, your peony is gorgeous! I also love your ice plant! Never seen or heard of one of those before. You have a great yard/property!
Jason

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 9:49PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Congrats on your seeds!!

When I first came to Calif. there were vibrant gorgeous colors on the slopes beside the freeways. Iceplant! Then there was an extremely wet winter and the iceplant with its lower soil came sliding down onto the freeway. (it retained water & weight doubled or tripled). The smaller "leafed" one may be used still? Love your colors!

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 10:24PM
marricgardens

Jason: Thanks. We bought a farm 10 years ago. The only thing on the property at the time was a barn. I decided I wanted a garden so we put a 'corral' in front of the barn, facing east. Thats where my flowerbeds are. Right now its time to redo the beds so they're under construction. I'll be putting more daylilies out there and more peonies. I do wintersowing so that's how I started the ice plants. Next year I'll have more. They really sparkle don't they?

iris_gal: you can never have enough color, right? These ice plants sure do add to it.

Marg

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Help identifying two irises.
I took these photos in Siena, Italy and I would like...
bill_ri_z6b
potted Iris
I have potted iris and would like advise on how to...
pembroke
Planting Iris in March-April in Zone 7 ?
I have a lot of new Iris rhizomes to plant. Here in...
maximus2015
LA Irises
Started with 4 Iris Bulbs about 4 yrs. ago - noticed...
George Indel
Dutch Iris
Can Dutch Iris be planted in the Spring ? or are they...
maximus2015
Sponsored Products
VIGO 60-inch Frameless Shower Door 3/8" Frosted/Stainless Steel Hardware Right w
Modern Bathroom
Timor Perpetual Calendar by Danese Milano
$225.00 | Lumens
Glove Wool Lounge Chair in Oatmeal
$699.00 | LexMod
Safavieh Lyndhurst Collection Traditional Multicolor/ Ivory Rug (8' x 11')
Overstock.com
Hansgrohe - Axor Starck Lav Mixer - 10111001 - Chrome
$320.50 | PlumbTile
Daylight White 5050 LED Super Flat Rope, 60/m, White Finish, Reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
Wave Zig Zag Ava 6-Light Nickel Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Furniture of America Ridge Adjustable Twin over Twin Bunk Bed with Drawers - IDF
Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™