My Iris Order---and a Thank You! :)

aunt_lou(Z5 OH)June 8, 2008

Want to give a big thanks to shihtzumom51 [hope I spelled that right :)] for responding to my post for Jennifer Rebecca with a recommendation to check out Wild Iris Rows. They had positive reviews at GardenWatchdog so I checked them out. Beautiful iris at fantastic prices!!!----and they had J.R.!!! At $3.00 a piece [except for one $5 one] , I couldn't resist buying a dozen! Mr. Hester was so friendly and helpful over the phone too. I am so excited about my soon coming iris that I just had to tell y'all about it!

I ordered: 1. Jennifer Rebecca, 2. Amethyst Flame, 3. Aplomb, 4. Sea Power, 5. Stairway to Heaven, 6. Pond Lily, 7. Maria Tormena, 8. Dusky Challenger, 9. Sultry Mood, 10. Victoria Falls, 11. Ride the Wind, and 12. Honky Tonk Blues.

Woo Hoo!!!! Can't wait til they get here!

Thanks again Sharon----and my friend, Olga, who put up the original post for me. :)

Sandra [aunt lou]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gmason

Nice choices.

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 7:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aunt_lou(Z5 OH)

Thanks, gmason! Wild Iris Rows has a list of their favorites---top performers for them---so I went by that in part along with the colors I like best. I already knew that I wanted Jennifer R. and Olga clued me into what a ruffley beauty Sea Power was. I lurk here at the iris forum and read the posts on favorites and saw Dusky Challenger mentioned quite often so had to have him!

I am pretty new to growing iris---just fell in love with them last summer, as a matter of fact, so I am pretty excited about this first big iris order. Can't wait until they arrive and I can get them in the ground!!!

Bookmark   June 8, 2008 at 10:00PM
More Discussions
Help identifying two irises.
I took these photos in Siena, Italy and I would like...
bill_ri_z6b
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Bottle Rocket
Pretty Tall Bearded from last years bloom, Crossed...
criris_z8
Is this Immortality?
I already posted a question about this Iris (see 'Iris...
lydia1959
help with my bearded irises
About 2 years ago I moved. Not wanting to leave my...
badjar
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™