Another misnaming question

Ginny McLean_Petite_GardenJune 8, 2009

Just curious if others have had many incorrectly labeled irises from growers. Or if it is me who has scrambled them up? I have dogs that pull my tags out and a husband who often catches them with the snow shovel as well. But often they don't look like ANYTHING I have once they have bloomed! Input is welcome.

Ginny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

I've never bought from growers, but I have purchased from our local iris society sales. No problems in recent years since they have started writing the name on the iris fan itself. They used to just put it in a box & write the name on the box. I got 2 or 3 that were misnamed. I still run into problems with losing tags, or switching tags when I plant a bunch at one time. That is just me though, or more likely, the garden gnome is pulling pranks on me. I did have one this year that bloomed for the 1st time. I think I received this one in trade, Bye Bye Blues turned out to be purple. Very disappointing.

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 9:09PM
Ginny McLean_Petite_Garden

Most of my irises were planted with the names written right on the fan or wrapped with a sticky label as well as my tag so it's gotta be those faeries, the ones with 4 legs!

Ginny

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 12:19AM
madeyna(7/8)

I have only been on this place for 4 years and there were no iris on the place when I bought it . I have every tag for every iris on the place and some just don,t match any tag at all. Must be the iris fairy dropping off supprise iris to trick me.

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 12:36AM
More Discussions
iris borers
Last year I had several iris clumps that collapsed...
auntie_grizelda
Transplant
Had LA Irises clumping and dug 'em up to replant, but...
George Indel
daves10z7annv
Looking for iris Frost and Flame
Hi, I m looking for the iris Frost and Flame by the...
gibsongirl74_gw
Homeless US Navy Veteran w. Iris seed to trade
Hello, I currently live at the Homeless Veterans Emergency...
BearState
Sponsored Products
Easy Stand Alone DMX Controller
EnvironmentalLights.com
Keys To The Heart Hand Blown Rectangle Glass Frame
Classic Hostess
Red Stone Modern Bathroom Vessel Sink by MaestroBath
maestrobath
Correll Rectangle 3/4 in. Top Adjustable Folding Table - CFA2448PX-01
$149.95 | Hayneedle
Flat Stacking Siamese Chairs in Pristine White - Set of 2
| Dot & Bo