Wher can I buy satsuma trees?

satsumamanDecember 23, 2007

Does anyone know where I can buy satsuma trees in southern Mississippi or southern Louisiana(or southern Alabama)? I am looking for St Anne, LA Early, Miho, and Seto varieties. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
louisianagal(z7bMS)

I don't live there anymore since Katrina, but in Belle Chase LA there was citrus trees for sale I can't remember the family that sold them. Becnel? Also I know for sure this weekend I was in Wiggins Ms between Hattiesburg and Gulfport on Hwy 49 and they were selling bagged satsumas and trees. Can't vouch that they were satsuma trees but I assume so. This was on hwy 26, downtown wiggins right by the railroad tracks. I had bought a meyer lemon and satsuma from Belle Chase pre-Katrina and they were very successful with good crops. They died in katrina of course.

Bookmark   December 25, 2007 at 11:21PM
mrskjun(9)

I was at Berrytown Produce in Hammond the other day and they had quite a few nice looking Satsuma trees for sale.

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 5:38AM
timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)

You can get Seto and Miho at any K-Mart...BUT, you will have to order them. Their supplier (Greenvalley Growers)is in Texas...there are issues with shipping, at least to La. due to citris canker. Usually, if special ordered, no one notices. Ask the garden center mgr. to call or tell the sales rep to order them for you. Green Valley has a large selection of Satsumas to pick from.
Up here in z 8a, I am having a problem with cold hardiness with Seto and Miho, where you are, no sweat. They will cost you about 27 bucks each. Remember, K-Mart garden center managers, as a rule, are dumber than a load of bricks and probably wont have a clue what you are talking about. Not their faults, K-Mart does not train/care about their employees in regards to garden.

Bookmark   February 17, 2008 at 8:35AM
grandad_2003(9A/sunset 28)

Southside Produce fruit & vegetable stand in Baton Rouge carries Satsuma (and other citrus) trees - year round, I think? Seems like I remember seeing a price of around $15. However, I do not recall any of the varieties you mentioned. Given this, you might also want to check to see if produce markets in other nearby cities will carry the trees.

Bookmark   February 27, 2008 at 2:10PM
leftylouie

Im purchased mine at Fazzio's on Hwy. 53 in Gulfport.

Bookmark   June 16, 2008 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
Avocats fiscalistes Canada
Deux ans plus tard, votre client vous appelle. Il est...
MichelCoderre1
Has anybody else seen purple dragonflies?
Hi! I was drinking my coffee by the koi pond this morning...
taffyj
Jacaranda Mimosifolia
Anyone in south Louisiana growing this tree in the...
lac1361
ID'ing Lawn weeds
Wasn't sure if this were better posted in Louisiana/Missisppi...
gooup
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™