HAVE: crinum x herbertii - milk and wine

beth_fl(florida)April 29, 2009

A friend of mine gave me a lot of these plants a few months ago. Today, he brought me a stalk with 11 blooms on it, and wow! Are they beautiful! My only problem is that now I want more lilies. If anyone is willing to trade some for some of their lilies, please let me know. Any colors will do, as this is the only kind that i have, but I have quite a few to do trades with.

thanks, Beth

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)

My neighbor died a couple of months ago and I went over and dug up a bunch of crinums (with permission). I have potted about 6 small ones up for the Tampa Swap coming up. Others, at least 10, I stuck in the ground just about everywhere. Problem is, I don't know what color they are. I personally have a large white one that's over 20 years old. I have three seed heads on it now.

If you're coming to the Tampa swap, I can give you some unknowns, or the seeds for the white one. Or we can try mailing, but it's getting so hot here now that I'm starting to worry. I sent a priority mail package from Tampa to Orlando and counting the day I packed it and sent it, and the day they got it, was four days! (PO says 2-3 days).

Pictures at my link.
Lori

Bookmark   May 14, 2009 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
WANTED: later bloomers and red lily beetle
The past 5 years I've avoided buying lilies b/c of...
mrtulin
HAVE: butterfly bush for some lillies
is there anyone that would like to trade some lillies...
meadowgarden
WANTED: Have these to trade:
I have these to trade for Lilies. Lots of Bulbils of...
happytomato2008
WANTED: Lilium Forever Susan
I'm searching for anyone that might have this specific...
pamom1980
HAVE: blackberry lilies (leopard lilies)
I have some seeds for blackberry (leopard) lilies to...
dlpasti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™