Want to start an indoor garden

ZheGreenBeekFebruary 15, 2014

I am interested in starting a garden indoor, when it gets nice out I do plan on putting the plants outside but I would really like to start indoors and soon. So what I am looking to do here is grow some tomatoes for sure, then hopefully some spinach, carrots, peppers maybe some radishes.
I have one window I could put plants in front of but I'm thinking it won't be enough, so I'm looking for some information on what kind of lights I should purchase. I was looking on amazon but I'm just super confused now lol!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
art33(6)

Hi ZheGreenBeek and welcome to GardenWeb!

Yeah, when searching the web, for lighting recommendations for plants (or anything else for that matter), the information you find will likely deviate quite a bit :-)

I donâÂÂt grow veggies (just flowers) but I know that spinach, carrots, and radishes are cool season crops. So, IâÂÂm pretty sure they would require less light than tomatoes and peppers.

What kinds of light to use would depend, at least partly, on how many seedlings you intend to grow. You can get quite a few seedlings under four foot fluorescent lights. Less seedlings under CFLâÂÂs but much more concentrated light. About how many plants are you figuring on growing?

Art

Bookmark   February 15, 2014 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
grow spot light
If i use a really low beam angle led grow light can...
surixurient
High Output CFL - worth using?
Hi all. Assume I won a tiny lottery <g>. My current...
andyinnyc
Pepper Leaf Problem
I am new to the forum, but have a question about a...
kswart19
Energy efficient grow lighting
We are probably going to buying a nice heavy duty heated...
oldbat2be
Which is better; 1300 lumen LED or 1300 lumen CFL?
I was wondering if there is a difference between LED...
dxniel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™