First order arrived!

sherryaustin(9b)July 20, 2013

Got my Schreiner's order today. (Lord help me, I've got three more orders coming).. I'm filling in some holes in my collection w/ this order. Conjuration, Starship Enterprise, Stepping Out, Rhinelander, Paul Black, and Lady Friend. I was happy to see Downtown Brown thrown in as a bonus in addition to Girly Girl. Any comments on any of these would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

How exciting!

I've had Lady Friend and it was a reliable bloomer in my area.

Have heard Starship Enterprise is a problem bloomer. Hosenemesis may chime in with her experience on this beauty. I hope it performs for you.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 9:32PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I could not grow Starship Enterprise. I had it for years and years in a prime spot- it bloomed once, with two flowers, then promptly died. Rhinelander is really nice and the foliage stays upright and clean looking; It bloomed well in its first year, but did not bloom at all in year two, so it went to the Iris Society. I have so many orchid colored irises I needed its spot for a new one. Conjuration and Lady Friend are great irises. I think you made excellent choices. I hope Starship Enterprise does well for you- it is such an exquisite flower.

Bookmark   July 22, 2013 at 2:07AM
susie_gardener_2007(OK 7)

I hope your Girly Girl is a good grower. I just received mine a couple of weeks ago. I won the naming contest for that iris. It's named for my "girly girl" granddaughters!

Susie

Bookmark   August 16, 2013 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Is this Immortality?
I already posted a question about this Iris (see 'Iris...
lydia1959
reblooming irir
Thought I would post a few of my rebloomers. I was...
Nancy zone 6
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Looking for iris Frost and Flame
Hi, I m looking for the iris Frost and Flame by the...
gibsongirl74_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™