Please help me find some Dade pole beans

ncredbird(6)April 7, 2012

I have a 90 year old gardening mentor. We were discussing pole beans this morning and he told me that his absolute favorite is a variety called Dade, but that he hasn't had or been able to find any in years. He is past the point of laboring in a garden so I share mine with him and was hoping to be able to surprise him with some of his favorites. Heirloom Seeds is sold out and I was wondering if anyone had any they could spare or knows of a source. We don't need many. Please contact with information. Thanks, Ann in TN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fusion_power

The only other place I could find that has them is ars-grin. Unfortunately, they are a bit difficult to get seed from.

Fyi, the heirloom seed mentioned is Bill Best at

http://www.heirlooms.org/

DarJones

Bookmark   April 7, 2012 at 1:48PM
shuffles_gw

Dade is also my favorite pole bean. I can spare a few seeds to those who would help spread them. ncredbird, I just sent you an e-mail.

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 3:34PM
ncredbird(6)

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I have found my supply for this year and providing that the weather is favorable should have a good number of Dade beans to share for next year. My friend said that the company that originally sold them was sold years ago and that it has become harder and harder to find them. I can still find great reviews about them on the web but the number of available sources is extremely limited. Always great when you can keep the heirlooms going! Share and save. Ann in TN

Bookmark   April 8, 2012 at 4:14PM
More Discussions
black gandules
Hi, does anyone know where I can find black gandules?...
ily68
Purple king beans
Hi I've grown runner beans before and found they do...
chloe456
Catjang/Brow Bean
I saw an interesting Vigna offered on eBay the other...
nightbloomincereus 7A noVA
Japanese Sword Beans
Anyone grow these. Kitizawa seed company offers them....
denninmi
Canning crowder peas VS Freezing, my take on the subject
Last year I decided to can some of my Hercules crowder...
wertach zone 7-B SC
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™