Solar grow light set up

pretty.gurl(5)February 13, 2013

Has anyone tried this? I am doing the research to see if it is possible to have a panel set up to power led grow lights.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

It would be possible but to get enough power at one time to keep the lights on for 15 hours it would take a big enough panel. I looked into the feasibility of using solar to heat my small greenhouse to above freezing at night and the cost for the solar panel and the rest of the stuff you'd need wasn't worth it so I discarded the idea

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 8:46PM
eircsmith

It was great job by âÂÂdowlinggramâ for sharing some useful tips.

Bookmark   February 20, 2013 at 11:43PM
pretty.gurl(5)

Well, I won't give up. I only need several hours of solar powered light since I also use windows.

Bookmark   February 21, 2013 at 12:37PM
eircsmith

It's not about giving up. But I also beneficial to use solar power light. I donâÂÂt use any of them. I prefer HPS bulbs in my growing setup.

Bookmark   February 22, 2013 at 1:06AM
lesliemorris85

I agree, you need to have a large enough array for your growing needs unless you use solar PV solely for growing. In my case, we use solar to for other electrical needs in the house. I am now experimenting with off-the-shelf LED lamps such as the ones from www.ikea.com and http://www.illustralighting.com that are hooked up to solar. So far theyâÂÂre holding up well since itâÂÂs just me and my husband at home. Power usage may go up though once my kids arrive, IâÂÂll see then if the setup is viable for me.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 2:39AM
markcogwell

You have shared really nice post which is inspiring me a lot. I use some fluorescent LED light which is affordable to me. I tried to search many different Solar grow light set up but it is too costly which can I not buy it.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 6:19AM
More Discussions
More beautiful plumeria blossoms under grow lights
More proof that grow lights work! I planted this plumeria...
arctictropical
Question about MH lights?
I have access to a lot of 400 watt metal halide lights,...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
Need help Drip watering Basil inside
So i have a little closet grow room setup with lights,...
Riskebiz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™