Touble in Green Bean Paradise

itsmekarakApril 11, 2007

Hi Everyone! I planted Kentucky Wonder green beans about a month ago and they have doing wonderful shooting to a nice 4" now. However, about three days ago I noticed brown spots on the leaves. Initially I thought it was just dried dirt from the recent storms, however, today I got down and realized it was something more. Not all the plants have been hit by this and not sure what it is. My guess is that it is a fungus and might be due to too much water, however, I only water my beans about once, sometimes twice (if real hot) a week allowing the ground to dry out first. It did get down to 34F the other night however I covered them with 5 gallon containers to protect them. Any thoughts? Thanks Yall! - Kara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veggiecanner(Id 5/6)

I'd say they got a bit cold even though you did cover during the cold period. I see new growth there that is not affected. To me I think they will pull out of it. Just keep covering them at night if below 40 degrees.

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 7:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macmex

I bet Veggiecanner is right. Unless it gets a lot worse I'd just pray for warm weather and let'em be.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Bookmark   April 12, 2007 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Stringless pole bean?
Hello, I would like to find a good pole bean that has...
cowabunga1
Black spots on my string beans
For the past 3 years my beans will look beautiful and...
smokey28777
if you don't like getting emails every time someone replies...
Click on "Your Houzz", Edit Profile, Advanced...
fusion_power
black gandules
Hi, does anyone know where I can find black gandules?...
ily68
Bush hyacinth bean
One of the joys of garden forums is being able to trade...
zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™