Lilies for Cutting Garden

rainydaywoman_z8(8)February 24, 2010

I have special lilies in my flower beds, but I would now like to start a bed of lilies, dahlias & glads just for cutting. Does anyone know where I might buy mixed bags of lilies inexpensively? I used to buy bulbs online from Garden Value Outlet at wholesale prices, but they don't have any lilies this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Van Bourgondien sells bulk mixed lilies (and other summer bulbs) through their wholesale arm. You just have to order at least $50 worth to qualify for the wholesale discount. Before ordering, I'd check their rating on Garden Watchdog - they seem to have mixed reviews. Retail nurseries I've been associated with order from them so they can't be all bad :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Bourgondien wholesale bulbs

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 11:49AM
rainydaywoman_z8(8)

To Gardengal: Thanx for the link to Van Bourgondien. I've had their retail catalogue, but the wholesale site is just my speed. Now I can buy all the bulbs i want, and frugally! I'm wondering where in the PNW you live. I am in Eugene, OR, in the rain.

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 4:03AM
linnea56(z5 IL)

Isn't van Bourgondien the company that has the bad rep? Ot one of them? If memory serves, there might be more than one company with that name. I remember reading something about that, but don't remember the details. Maybe make sure which one you are dealing with first.

Bookmark   March 13, 2010 at 12:17PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Van Engelen carries a lot of Lilies at reasonable price. It's a good place to start if you are not terribly fussy about lilies that match their name.
Van Engelen has had a bad reputation fot its lilies not being true to name. You might get something else rather than the ones you had ordered. But if you only need them for cuttings, you won't get a better deal anywhere else.

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 1:59AM
linnea56(z5 IL)

I bought a big box of no-name mixed asiatics at Sam's Club, and I hear Costco has them too.

Bookmark   March 14, 2010 at 6:43PM
More Discussions
What flòwer is this?
I think that this flower is some kind of lily?
kgibbs25
Pardalinum...looking for seeds
You didn't leave a way to email you re the martagon...
mxracer264
Please identity my Lily
I have attached a picture of a Lily type plant that...
Terrispirit
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society news
Our winter Lecture Series is beginning this weekend! On...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™