Cancun and Brunello

ellix(augusta ga)February 26, 2006

I bought from Home Depot, some lilies as bulbs. They are called Cancun and Brunello. I am new to growing lillies and would like to know if these will be good plants as well as any advise on how to grow them? Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stanly(Z03)

Hi ellix. Well, I'm up here in zone 3 Canada so as I look out my office window, the snow is flying, the wind is gusting up to 30 mph and the temp outside is about 25F so it will be a long time before things will be up and growing. However, I have both of these lilies and they are Asiatic Lilies, which for us here are the most hardy. Cancun is a red and yellow bi color, grows about 3'to 4' high, very nice flowers. Brunello is a bright orange flower about 3' high. For us here, they flower in July however, for you I'm sure way earlier (I'm envious). Anyway, there is a web site that I order my lilies from, it's Canadian but at least it will show you. They are extremely easy to grow, I plant mine to a depth of 3 times the high of the bulb, so, usually 5 to 6" deep. They require very little care, just a little fertilizer in the spring and that's it. Divide every 4-5 years if you want. The website is www.lilynook.mb.ca and a picture and description is under asiatic Lilies.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 10:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ellix(augusta ga)

What a nice site, thanks so much. molly

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 6:36AM
More Discussions
Red Lily Leaf Beetle Sited
11:15 am in Malden, Ma ( just outside Boston) Came...
MichaelB_MAz6
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
Is this a Lily, or what is it?
I planted this as a bulb over 5 years ago, basically...
jacqueline9CA
Take that voles/mice !
My lilies were looking beautiful & increasing for...
pandora
Oriental Lilies in Pots...Where to Overwinter in zone 4?
Hi all, I don't have room to plant lilies in my garden...
haydenrose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™