No, I Don't Want to Supersize It

CercisFebruary 12, 2005

I purchased my first light gardens back in the 80's & now that I'm searching for additional ones, I find that things have really changed.

I'm looking for a cart with only 2 shelves, but of standard width & depth. It seems they aren't manufactured with less than 3 shelves these days. Simply removing a shelf & light fixture isn't an option because I can't accommodate the height of the 3-shelf unit. Am I looking in all the wrong places?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nygardener(z6 New York)

Here are a few two-shelf options. I'm not sure what the fixture descriptions mean; if you want four bulbs per shelf, I'd call and make sure they have that.

Alternatively, it's easy and cheaper to build a rack from scratch. You can modify the design for the number and height of shelves you want.

I adapted a wire kitchen cart to serve as a two-shelf plant stand. (When it's not seed-starting season, the lights can be moved up and out of the way or removed and stored.) Buy sliding fixtures with knobs (the part numbers ending with -S). The inverted U-shaped supports that the knobs attach to are available separately, and inexpensively.

Bookmark   February 13, 2005 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
Timers that reduce and increase lighting to simulate seasons
I was talking to MesaGardens today and he mentioned...
Bama_Joe
Lots of seeds - Please help me get started (Zone 6A)
I went a little overboard with a couple of seed orders...
oldbat2be
Bell peppers
My flowers fall off before fruit developes. Any suggestions?...
AliMatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™