Need help! Potted Mona Lisa Lilies losing leaves.

JennM84February 19, 2014

I'm new to Lilies. I've always loved how beautiful they are & their fragrance is a added plus. My birthday(Valentine's Day) I received2 lilies in a pot together. One plant had 4 blooms 3 of which that were already bloomed. The other plant has 4 blooms 2 are about to open. The 1st plant the leaves have started to fall off. Its green not brown so I'm puzzled why they have fallen off. There is only 4 leaves left. The 2 and plant has only had maybe 3 fall off. But 2 blooms that are about to open are turning brown at the bottom of the bloom. I'm clueless about lilies any help or advice would be great. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

Have you noticed any damage to the leaves? Have you looked for the red lily beetle. It is bright red and it's larvae looks like a bunch of turd like brown slime. They are hard to get rid of but Neem oil spray applied often keeps them in check.

The red lily bug is why I got rid of most of my oriental lilies. I did keep my stargazer lily because it was in an isolated spot. For the last 5 years I haven't seen a lily beetle and I hope they stay away. Here's some photos

red lily beetle damage

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 5:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dowlinggram

Sorry that link didn't work. If you google "photos of Red lily beetle damage" you should come up with the site

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
id for pink crinum
I am looking for the botanical name for the pink crinum...
linda_leaf z10fla
I'm sensitive to lily smell- has anyone heard of this before?
I don't mean to judge or critisize anyone for their...
hjihji
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
Help my Peace Lily? I think it might be dead....
It looks like this. Pretty unpromising. I think I watered...
cactussalad
Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society news
Our winter Lecture Series is beginning this weekend! On...
linnea56
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™