Rebloom scape coming up on rebloomer

linlily(z5/6PA)July 14, 2012

I was looking at my daylilies today and I have some reblooming irises planted in the same bed. I was shocked to see a rebloom scape coming up on Immortality. Immortality is a reliable rebloomer for me but never in July. The earliest I remember seeing rebloom here is around the second or third week of August, not July.

I also have a couple of mums blooming, and that's not something I've seen at this time of the summer before. We've had awful weather-hot, humid, and dry. We've not had a nice steady rain here since May. The pop up showers miss us to the north and to the south. My DH and I water with a sprinkler and hose about twice a week just to keep things going. Most everything is still doing all right so far. But I'm seeing things happen that I've never seen here before at this time of year! Anyone else have rebloom this early?

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

Dashing rebloomed for me a couple of weeks ago. I don't water my iris, & it was in the midst of a really hot 2 week period, 100 up to 112 every day. I was shocked. Not just 1 bloom stalk either, there were 3, from a 2 year old plant. I never have rebloom on anything til September at the earliest. I had a mum blooming in June, although if I don't keep them cut back they bloom in July anyway. Which is ok, they will rebloom before frost anyway, but they do get a bit shaggy looking.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 2:58PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Glad to hear someone's Immortality is happy! :)
No rebloom here as of yet. Just thought that I would drop
in and say hi. When I get some believe you me I will announce it, can't wait! Have a great weekend!

Rena'

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 4:37PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

It's been an odd year all over the country. Jennifer Rebecca is blooming today for me, but it's too hot and it is fried.

Bookmark   July 14, 2012 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Iris bloomed Oct. - Nov. in Missouri Question about Pods
I have had a area of Irises in my backyard for years......
lydia1959
Dried out Rhizomes - Iris
I have a few Iris that are dried out from storing them...
pinkkpearls
Homeless US Navy Veteran w. Iris seed to trade
Hello, I currently live at the Homeless Veterans Emergency...
BearState
Question about Bearded Irises
I planted two Jurassic Park bearded irises two years...
GrammaFluff
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™