CFL supplemental light advice for side growth
I have a very nice 4 ft. T5 fluorescent unit set up in my kitchen called the "Tek Light". I have one 3000k bulb and one 6500k bulb installed and this grows 4 to 5 plants to fruiting stages with good results. I have one concern - the light isn't strong enough to penetrate the top canopy, so all of the growth occurs near the top half of the plants. Therefore, I need some advice on CFL's to supplement side growth.
I have some questions:
1) How many CFL's do I need? Max/Min
2) What are some websites I can visit to purchase the CFL fixture(s)/bulb(s)?
3) What spectrum should I shoot for and why?
4) What wattage should I shoot for and why?
5) What will it cost me? Max/Min
6) Will the setup be attractive so it complements my decor?
7) What are some good brands?
I don't think I need a hood or reflector for the CFL's since they will just be for supplementing side growth.
Thank you in advance for your help.