BlueJ Order Arrived, Diasappointing

oregonwoodsmoke(5 OR Sunset 1A)July 27, 2013

I received some decent iris last year from Blue J, so I did another order for this year.

It's like I am received rhizomes from a different company. Last year, they were a bit smallish, but plump and healthy. They took off and grew well.

This year they are very small and not in very good condition. Many are 1/2 inch size. My order of 2 Japanesque consisted of a couple of dead leaves and some empty skin. But there is this tiny little 1/8 inch bump on the top of the empty rhizome which must be my $9 worth of plant.

My Dipped In Gold are both rotted and oozing some sort of foul smelling slime. I hope I didn't just import some nasty disease into my garden.

Only one of my plants from last year's order bloomed, so I don't know if they are true to name.

Right now, I feel very apologetic that I have recommended them so enthusiastically to so many people. I won't be ordering from them again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

That's awful. I hope you have alerted BlueJ. Before I had a digital camera I received an order from a different iris vender that was completely coated in green mold! The rhizomes were firm so I planted. I vowed never to order from them again. A couple weeks passed and another box arrived with the same order and no mold on it!

Thanks for alerting us to your experience this year. This link explains soft rot.

Here is a link that might be useful: soft rot

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 10:05PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I understand.

Bookmark   August 12, 2013 at 9:22PM
ivy2003(z5OH)

Hi,
I just recently ordered off Ebay and mine were absolutely stunning.Just a heads up to check out Ebay. Will see what they look like next spring.

Ivy2003,

Bookmark   August 27, 2013 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
Transplant and blooming
Hello to you all! I might as well preface this by saying...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Help identifying two irises.
I took these photos in Siena, Italy and I would like...
bill_ri_z6b
First Pseudata
This is the first pseudata (I. pseudacorus X I. ensata)...
eroctuse2
Too many roots!
I had a spot in the yard and grass would not grow....
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™