Placing orders?

onederwJuly 9, 2013

Anyone starting to think about new orders?

I'm looking at Noble Gesture and Spendthrift from Keppel, Bowled Over, Loopty Loo and Paul Black from Napa, and Secret Weekend from Snowpeak. . . and then there's a whole bunch of other stuff I'd order if I had more square feet and didn't have a mortgage payment. . . . .

Kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

I ordered more than I want already this year, and I don't have spots for them. I will have to start getting rid of things. Victoria Falls is going, Rhinelander already went, and I'm thinking about getting rid of Venetian Queen and Lady Friend. I like these irises, but I'm trying for a more unified look in the garden, and I have some great rebloomers that really perform, so why not have bigger displays of a few rather than small displays of many? So I think that's where I'm headed.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 10:44PM
sherryaustin(9b)

I also have Paul Black on order.. and some that Hosenemesis is getting rid of. Got orders in w/ Schreiner's, Superstition & Bluebird haven. I'm adding many historics, and I also don't know where most of them will be going.. but that's never stopped me. I've decided to re-purpose one of the vegetable beds into an iris test garden. And there's always containers to grace the "nursery" part of my garden. Oh, also have an order in with the HIPS sale.

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 12:58AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Hahahaha- Sherry- I did the same thing! The irises took over my veggie garden. Mikey calls it "the proving grounds."

Bookmark   July 14, 2013 at 2:57AM
More Discussions
help with my bearded irises
About 2 years ago I moved. Not wanting to leave my...
badjar
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Question about Bearded Irises
I planted two Jurassic Park bearded irises two years...
GrammaFluff
reblooming irir
Thought I would post a few of my rebloomers. I was...
Nancy zone 6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™