H. "Fantasy Island"

flower_frenzy(8a)June 13, 2013

My Fantasy Island hosta is very happy in her pot this year! Just look at all of those flower scapes! (That's "Dark Star" in the pot behind.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul_in_mn(4b)

Has a nice center leaf pattern. How old is your Fantasy Island?

Paul

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 9:50PM
flower_frenzy(8a)

My Fantasy Island is in its 3rd year. It's about 8 inches high and about 13 inches across right now. I don't think it gets much bigger than that, though it's been sending out a ton of new growth lately. It struggled in the ground and is much happier in a pot. I know some people have problems with this one, but it's worth growing if you can find a place where it's happy at.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 11:08PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Flower, you are responsible for Fantasy Island being added to my WISH LIST with emergency status. I think those flower scapes are the prettiest I've ever seen. It looks like knot work! The color is almost a rusty red, really draw attention to their shape with that color. GOT to have it. Cannot WAIT for next year. Thanks for describing its size....perfect.....it's preference for a POT......YESSSSSS........it's made my garden..

I have Paradise Island, Volcano Island, sure do need a Fantasy Island, right? (say Amen, everybody)

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 11:42PM
flower_frenzy(8a)

Happy to enable, Moccasin! Lol. I love the scapes too. Kind of a purplish red. This is the first year it's bloomed and I'm looking forward to it! It's a sport of Island Charm, which has a reputation for being a pain to grow as well as being a slug magnet. I haven't had such problems with Fantasy Island.

Mine takes sun until noon and could probably handle even more. However, I should add that I live in the Pacific Northwest. My climate is different than most.

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 1:28AM
More Discussions
Anyone wanna do Leaf shots? Hosta 'Dream Queen'
Who needs slo-poke 'Thunderbolt'? fwiw, hh
hostahillbilly
is there a bacon forum .....?????
if there is.. i should have looked .. lol if there...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
DUD hosta of 2014
Following the 2014 Top Gun thread, I thought I'd post...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Pips in Sweden
I think the USA got our winter by mistake this year...
stoc zone 6 sweden
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™