Blue J Iris order arrived today w/ a stunning tri-colored Iris!

gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)August 17, 2012

O.K. so I am supposed to be packing for our trip to New Orleans but I had to show off this Iris before I pack.

And I was thrilled with my order! But you know looking at an

Iris order on paper and then seeing it in actuality are two

totally different things! I knew that it was a lot to plant, but... OH EM GEE! If only I were Cat In The Hat then I could pull some gardening helpers out! lol But alas it's me myself and I. Anyway for all the other PBF lovers out there check this out. The one on the right is Quite The Same and the one on the left is Canadian Streaker. The Quite The Same is stunning now I wish that I ordered 20 of these. They would be all over every one of my gardens!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

That is gorgeous. The rhizomes look like they are big, too.
Renee

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 1:30AM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

This is my order... 9 pages worth. Yepperoni an addiction! But at least this addiction won't give me lung cancer!
(It's called looking on the bright side.) lol

Rena'

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 1:32AM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

As soon as I found that one I thought of you Renee. You had said you liked (and had) some with pbf and this is the prettiest one I have ever seen. Not that I've seen a lot mind you. In person anyway, but I look at a lot of photos. And yes, they are big. Which leads me too believe they are robust growers (at least there). We'll see how they like the south.

Do you think I should plant the variegated in full sun or part sun? Rich soil or lean?

Rena'

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 1:44AM
aseedisapromise

I had my variegated iris in full, all day sun and lean soil. These were green and yellow leaf pallidas though. They took two years to bloom, and grew slowly. I moved some to my new house last Nov, and of the ones that were in full, all day sun in an exposed area, average sandy soil, the variegated and the Burst of Glory did the best. Well, they survived while some others dried up and blew away. I live much further north than you do, and the iris was a different kind, so I don't know if this is very helpful, but it was my experience. We do get some hot temps in the summer, but it does cool off at night, so I think the average temp is lower maybe than where you are. Have fun on your trip!

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Need help with wire worms in my new iris beds
I have hundreds of new tall bearded irises that I planted...
kathemm
Looking for iris Frost and Flame
Hi, I m looking for the iris Frost and Flame by the...
gibsongirl74_gw
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
potted Iris
I have potted iris and would like advise on how to...
pembroke
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™