Can someone identify these beans?

scinoccoMay 29, 2013

Hi, could someone help me identify these beans. They were given to us by another gardener, but they could tell us what they were. I'd like to plant them, but I want to make sure I know what I am doing. Any information that is provided would be really helpful

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flintknapper(9a)

They look like some Rose beans that I grew last year. If that is the correct ID. they are a pole shell bean.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 12:34PM
drloyd

Rose would be my guess too. They are an aggressive climber but I was not quite able to save seeds for them here in the PNW. - Dick

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 2:39PM
zeedman Zone 5 Wisconsin

Ditto on the beans on the right most likely being the pole bean "Rose". The seeds are fairly distinctive, although I have seen a couple varieties that were similar."Rose" is good as either snap or shelly, but has a fairly late DTM. (I was just barely able to save some dry seed here before frost.)

The bean on the left is harder to identify, there are many beans with similar coloration. It looks like a Borlotto. Chances are that it will be a good shell bean, but I couldn't even guess whether it would be a bush or pole.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 3:05AM
fusion_power

I've got a black seeded version of Turkey Craw that looks the same as the frosted beans. Also, Logan Giant is available in a black seeded version that looks similar.

DarJones

Bookmark   June 1, 2013 at 9:58AM
More Discussions
Japanese Sword Beans
Anyone grow these. Kitizawa seed company offers them....
denninmi
where to find Hilda/Helda romano pole beans?
Two yeas ago health problems interfered with getting...
matthias_lang
Germination Test #1 Chinese Long Green long bean
My family has grown this variety of long bean since...
nightbloomincereus 7A noVA
Black spots on my string beans
For the past 3 years my beans will look beautiful and...
smokey28777
Insuk's Wang Kong (red scarlet runners) part 2
I am the one that wrote the last post, so I am starting...
cabrita
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™