switching from M.H. to H.P.S

Bruce74(9)April 8, 2014

So yesterday I changed out my M.H. bulb for the H.P.S. bulb, in my 600w hid. Of course this was done as my plants are starting bloom. I am running 10 dutch buckets and in two of them I have lettuce, that will be harvested in the next day or two. As I have space in-between the rows of buckets, I have been growing green onions and a different kind of lettuce in DWC's,(just using used coffee can's and a 3" net pot w/air line, been working great so I'm going to add to it) I plain on starting 6 more heads of lettuce there, and using the newly empty buckets for eggplants. My question is will starting the new plants under the H.P.S. be alright? I don't want to have to run another light for the vegetative stage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC(Zone 4b-5 SE BC Canada)

Absolutely maybe...Curious to why you changed?

Bookmark   April 10, 2014 at 10:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bruce74(9)

While I have grown vegetables outdoors before, my knowledge of indoor gardening is from other stuff, and you always change your light for flowering. Also the H.P.S. has a lot more lumens, at 92,000 vs 60,000 with the M.H. more light for the plants. I also understand the color temperature is better for flowering plants...

Am I wrong? Is it different for vegetables vs. flowering plants? I am still learning so I am open to any and all advice...

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 9:00AM
More Discussions
growing tomatoes indoors; what lights to use? help!
I basically want to grow tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants,...
kawaiineko_gardener
Need help Drip watering Basil inside
So i have a little closet grow room setup with lights,...
Riskebiz
New to Forum - some questions, comments about heating mats
I have been starting flower seeds indoors for years...
snapdrag
heat mats and growing plants
Is there a reason must you move plants off of the heat...
dowlinggram
Bell peppers
My flowers fall off before fruit developes. Any suggestions?...
AliMatt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™