T5 high output on eBay

watergal(z6/7 Westminster, MD)April 14, 2007

I got a recommendation from the orchid forum about an eBay seller. I bought a four tube high-output T5 light and so far I am very pleased with it. The price was reasonable - around half of what the fancy grow light stores are charging. The quality seems good and the seller appears to understand his line of business. His name is:

greatlights4less!

with the exclamation mark, if anyone is interested. (It used to be "dinosore777" but he appears to have just changed it.) He also has lots of other grow light systems for sale.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shrubs_n_bulbs(z8/9 UK)

Not bad, sensible price. But ignore the ten pages of marketing drivel ;)

I actually read the ten pages of marketing drivel trying to find out if these really are the high-CRI T5HO tubes, because they are described as full spectrum, excellent colour rendition, and for SAD, but nowhere actually states they are anything other than a standard triphosphor. It would be great if you could take a close look at the tubes when you get them to see just what the spec is?

Bookmark   April 15, 2007 at 12:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
watergal(z6/7 Westminster, MD)

There WAS a lot of marketing stuff in there, wasn't there? At least they cared enough to research it, rather than just saying, oh yeah, it's a plant light, sure.

I'll check the tubes tomorrow and get back to you. I do know that the fixture gets lots warmer than my old T8 shop lights - of course, it has four tubes, not just two, and is more wattage.

I've done a great deal of research on SAD lights, since I have it myself and used to use a SAD light, and until very recently there wasn't much discussion of color output being very crucial, more about the intensity and duration. I think there is some research going on now investigating whether blue is better. I'll have to check on that too.

Bookmark   April 15, 2007 at 11:58PM
More Discussions
heat mats and growing plants
Is there a reason must you move plants off of the heat...
dowlinggram
Lots of seeds - Please help me get started (Zone 6A)
I went a little overboard with a couple of seed orders...
oldbat2be
My indoor garden setup - any improvements?
This is my proposed setup for my indoor garden. I'm...
gardev
Need help Drip watering Basil inside
So i have a little closet grow room setup with lights,...
Riskebiz
1000 watts surrounded by 320 plants! Shoe organizers are back!
Some of you may remember my shoe organizer grows. Im...
MisterK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™