Red Lily Beetle infestation
I have never experienced the red beetle until today in my area of Zone 5. Found eight of them and killed them. Some lily leaves are showing signs that they were eating them. Could some one who has had this problem such as those in New England give me some practical advice of what to do to curtail this infestation, other than killing them as you find them. Is there a particular spray that would help? We have had very dry weather and I wonder if the beetles thrive in dry or wet situations. I have read in the past the great damage they can do to a lily garden, and this is now a great worry.