My first pic of the season

jaceysgranny(7aAR)May 21, 2009

Hi ya'll, I posted my first pic of Lollipops on the Gallery if anyone wants to take a look.

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lila888(Z5 IL)

Thanks for sharing your lily pics. They are all pretty. I wish mine are blooming too. Right now, my lilies look like this:

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 1:26AM
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

Thank you! It won't be long before you'll be seeing blooms too. I have a lot that still look like that too and am waiting on pins and needles to see them again. They are my favorite bulbs.
Nancy

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 2:04PM
flowerchild101

lilies are my favorite flower and this year I bought japanese toad lilies and am excited to get them in the ground. You look like a avid grower, have you ever had problems with rabbits and squirrels eating the roots? I've read up on the bulbs how chicken cages work great but am wondering if they will go after the rhizome rooted lilies.
Enjoy every beautiful flower you will get!

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 3:19PM
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

I've not had problems with squirrels or rabbits eating the bulbs. Rabbits eat the tops but normally only on my daylilies. I have been missing a few buds the last couple of days and suspect deer since my DH found a few prints outside today right by one of my lilies. We live in the woods so have all kinds of critters. There are squirrels everywhere but there's usually plenty to feed them and they try to eat all of the birdseed. I'm heartbroken when something doesn't come back up, aren't you? I hope you don't have any problems. Last year I had lily beetles terribly but they only attacked a large group cannas.
Nancy

Bookmark   May 28, 2009 at 1:07AM
More Discussions
Is this normal for my casablancas?
Good Morning, I planted casablancas last year in this...
rhoder551
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
strange baby foliage
Rosidah
I'm sensitive to lily smell- has anyone heard of this before?
I don't mean to judge or critisize anyone for their...
hjihji
hostaholic2 z 4, MN
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™