orange blackberry lilies

wert9wert(z10FL)May 12, 2006

Planted some orange blackberry lily seeds two weeks ago. Does anyone know how long they will take to sprout? (planted 50 seeds in jiffy pots)

Loretta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
botanybabe

They take quite a while. I grew some from seed a few years ago and if I remember right, it took them up to four weeks to sprout. Keep them warm and don't let the soil dry out.

Lainey

Bookmark   May 14, 2006 at 2:42PM
wert9wert(z10FL)

Thank you so much Lainey. I even took one seed out and scraped the side thinking that it needed that. Every morning I get up and look at them....now I know all is still well. Thanks again.

~L

Bookmark   May 14, 2006 at 3:33PM
Pams(z4/MN)

They can take a month or even longer to sprout. I put my seed all in one container and after they are up a couple of inches, take them out and wait til the next seeds are up. When all done, I dump the dirt in a pot outside and have had seeds come months later. Don't give up too soon!

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 9:30AM
wert9wert(z10FL)

Thanks Pams - it's three weeks now and not a sprout. I've got each seed in one of those one-step seed starters, they're small round discs that expand when they are soaked in water. I won't give up though - other seeds and cuttings have sprouted and been planted already, but these lilies are sure taking a long time. Guess it's a good way to learn patience!

Loretta

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 5:28PM
wert9wert(z10FL)

Just wanted to let yáll know that I got three tiny sprouts started from my blackberry lillies - HOORAY!!!!!

Bookmark   May 31, 2006 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
Is there any hope??
I have lilies that grow wild on the side of my house....
Twin Cities Trade
hostaholic2 z 4, MN
Did I kill my lily bulbs?
This fall my husband had to dig up our lily bulbs to...
grandma_gardener_02
Take that voles/mice !
My lilies were looking beautiful & increasing for...
pandora
id for pink crinum
I am looking for the botanical name for the pink crinum...
linda_leaf z10fla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™