Need advice on indoor lights

ccabal(7)May 18, 2013

We're wanting to grow a few herbs in our kitchen window sill, but unfortunately it doesn't get nearly enough light, and the plants we have tried have gotten really leggy and died off. So I want to see what options we have for indoor lighting. I would like a small grow light I could hang above the plants in the window sill, something that doesn't look ugly, and doesn't use lots of electricity. I read a little about the new LED grow lights. Do you guys think these would work? Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rickdudly

Absolutely! Go and buy some 60 watt plant growing bulbs.... Usually at Walmart or they also sell 24 inch under cabinet fluorescent type grow lights at Wally World as well. With that one it is simple. All you do is put 2 screws in the top part of the window or cabinet which hold the portable grow light perpendicular up against it and then just plug in and that's it! This one says 74 watt output and uses 17 watts of energy. It really does not get easier than this. I would take a pic and show you but I don't know if I can give an email address. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Browning and drying avocado leaves
I've been growing two avocado plants for about 10 months...
leuconoe
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
T5 vs T8 and equivalent
Obviously T5s are the better choice for indoor growing,...
gardev
When to replace lights?
Hi, I have a 3-shelf cart with plant lights. I mostly...
frances_in_nj
HELP!..Possible Indoor Pepper growing probz!
I have a few questions regarding my pepper plants at...
Bobby Cooper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™