Beans - is it bacterial? (with picture)

beckie5326June 29, 2010

Hi,

I'm thinking this is some kind of bacterial disease. If so, what next?

Thanks,

Beckie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
macmex

I'll take a stab at it: septoria leaf spot (spelling?) Caused by humidity issues and, perhaps, getting dirt on the leaves when they are wet.

George
Tahlequah, OK

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 6:25AM
beckie5326

Thanks George! It's been wet, wet, wet lately.

Beckie

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 8:24AM
anney(Georgia 8)

Would Daconil or any of the organic garden disease control products stop the leaf spot? I'm pretty sure my Fortexes have something similar, though the spots are yellow and eventually the leaf turns yellow, maybe a fungus or could be leaf spot. I'm keeping them religiously picked off in hopes of coddling the plants through the worst of the summer heat and hoping they'll produce again in the fall.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 11:25AM
beckie5326

I'm trying Serenade. It's supposed to work with fungus and bacteria. So far, so good.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 7:29AM
novice_2009(zone 6b)

Couldn't find Serenade at my local store- I'll have to order it. What's the main ingredient beckie? My veggie garden is strictly orgainic, and I'm concerned about putting something heavy on it. I wonder if there is a homemade remedy for fungus and bacteria that would actually be effective!
My bush bean plants are stunted( probably late sowing, high temps, lack of rain). They have some lower leaf spots, some turn yellow. Like anney, I removed them and am trying to keep them well watered so I can actually have beans tis year.
Last year I had so many I couldn't keep up with them all!

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 4:09PM
beckie5326

Check out the website for Serenade:
http://www.serenadegarden.com
It is 'organic.' The faq section talks about ingredients, and there's a "for gardeners" section that will locate a dealer for you. You can get the concentrate for twice the price as the regular spray bottle, and it will go much, much farther.
I've never used it before, but I have a fellow gardener friend who swears by it. I wish there were a homemeade remedy, but I've not been able to find one.

Bookmark   July 6, 2010 at 9:42AM
More Discussions
A roll call, who is still here and staying after the "upgrade"?
Harry are you still here? I hope so! You have always...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Japanese Sword Beans
Anyone grow these. Kitizawa seed company offers them....
denninmi
How is the harvest going?
Just wondering how everyone's harvest results have...
deanriowa
Black spots on my string beans
For the past 3 years my beans will look beautiful and...
smokey28777
black gandules
Hi, does anyone know where I can find black gandules?...
ily68
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™