1 light with reflector, or 2 without

fearthelettuceJune 24, 2009

I recently purchased a grow rack. It isn't the size I wanted(only 36" long and 18ish deep), but I got it really cheap. I bought some double bulb, 4' long shop lights with wide reflectors(I am working on getting some mylar to line them with). I cannot fit two of the lights with reflectors on them side by side on the shelf.

I was wondering, would it would be better to have just one light over each shelf with the reflector, or to have two lights over the shelf, but without reflectors?

Or... 3rd option, does anyone know where I can buy a reflector that would fit 2 shop lights in it? I suppose I could possibly make one myself with some sheet metal, but I'd prefer a premade solution.

Oh, and btw, I am using this for Cephalotus, Drosera, and highland Neps. I also might use this for TC, but that is a ways off(and I hear TC explants don't require much light)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

Take the bulbs out and glue mylar on the fixture. That+ mylar lining would be great. I've got five double sets on my rack. The mylar made a huge difference. I'm growing sarrs, vft's and neps. got more vft's and some dews(cape & pygmys) on the way.>8P

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 2:22AM
fearthelettuce

I tried taping some mylar to the reflectors, but it doesnt really stick too well. What kind of glue should I use? I know T-8s aren't very hot, but still...

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 2:35PM
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

Rubber or contact cement should work.

Bookmark   July 1, 2009 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
How to translate lux reading from phone app into lumens/ft2
I took a reading from where one of my succulents was...
Bama_Joe
My indoor garden setup - any improvements?
This is my proposed setup for my indoor garden. I'm...
gardev
Seed Starting Lights at night?
In my area (Nova Scotia) I have time of day metering...
youngdb
Need help Drip watering Basil inside
So i have a little closet grow room setup with lights,...
Riskebiz
1000 watts surrounded by 320 plants! Shoe organizers are back!
Some of you may remember my shoe organizer grows. Im...
MisterK
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™