Stargazer bulbs not coming up

botanica_13(5b)June 3, 2006

I planted Stargazer bulbs about three, maybe four weeks ago, and so far nothing has pushed through the soil. Did I get duds? Will they pop up later this year, or might they stay underground till next year? Should I dig them up and try to put something else there? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fivemeows(5)

Lily bulbs are usually planted in the fall. They can be planted at other times of the year but they usually won't grow much if summer planted. you will see some foliage growth this year but no blooms probably. It also depeneds on where you bought your bulbs and the bulb size as to how well they will grow the 1st season. Give them some time.

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 12:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamoo_z5(z5IN)

Just wait for them they are coming. It is right to say they often are planted in fall but I have planted a few in the early spring & they do take some time but they will come. Depending on the bulb some Stargazer take right off & others sit around for awhile. You could get a bloom or two but next year is when you will see them really produce flowers. Stargazers for me have always been hardy.

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 12:49AM
More Discussions
Wisconsin Illinois Lily Society news
Our winter Lecture Series is beginning this weekend! On...
linnea56
hostaholic2 z 4, MN
id for pink crinum
I am looking for the botanical name for the pink crinum...
linda_leaf z10fla
I'm sensitive to lily smell- has anyone heard of this before?
I don't mean to judge or critisize anyone for their...
hjihji
Best/Favorite Co. to get Lily Bulbs?
I would like to add some tall fragrant oriental, chinese...
aunt_lou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™