Plant Display

Jitty(3A)July 25, 2004

How does everyone display there plants. Im looking for new ways to grow under lights. Pictures would really help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dan112(S Ontario z6)

I've got mine in a corner of a room underneath a black lamp (with 3 sockets).. Each socket has a CFL bulb in it and on the top I've got an AGRO light. The AGRO light stands out a bit because it has a metal reflector around it but for teh most part it is fitting for a room setting.

Bookmark   August 1, 2004 at 7:05PM
larry_b(Zone5/CO)

Hi Jitty,

I can show you the light stands that I have for my violets and other gesnariads. They are baker's stands with 2ft. fixtures attached under each shelf. I'm not sure if this is what you asked for, but I enjoy showing it off anyway.

Larry

Bookmark   October 5, 2004 at 5:06AM
sonnypippo

Display or grow? I am still working on my setup, but I keep my plants in a separate room. I will try to post a pic tonight.

Bookmark   October 5, 2004 at 10:51AM
sonnypippo

This is my setup. It is A LOT brighter than how it photographed. I also have a shop light with two 40W tubes to be installed overhead.

Bookmark   October 5, 2004 at 8:07PM
vjanie(n/a)

Larry,

I absolutely love your plant stands and all your decor(saw the pic with both stands in houseplant forum). I sent 2 emails, then thought to ask here: how many bulbs are in each fluorescent fixture (1 or 2) and exactly what kind of bulbs are they? I REALLY appreciate you uploading those pics, and hope you don't mind I'm going to copycat you. I tried to get a woodworker to build me a stand like one he posted on his website, but he was too busy building for his grandkids, then I saw yours - wow - I even found what looks to be the same baker's rack and ordered it. Now I need the lights and plants!

Thanks!

V.

Bookmark   February 23, 2005 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Question about MH lights?
I have access to a lot of 400 watt metal halide lights,...
wertach zone 7-B SC
Bell peppers
My flowers fall off before fruit developes. Any suggestions?...
AliMatt
Cost-Efficient Lighting
Does anyone know what the most cost-efficient lighting...
Tigger033
How to translate lux reading from phone app into lumens/ft2
I took a reading from where one of my succulents was...
Bama_Joe
Pepper Leaf Problem
I am new to the forum, but have a question about a...
kswart19
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™