What is eating my lily buds?
I am new here and I did search the forums for an answer to my question.
This is the second year that something has been eating my lily buds. Mostly just the buds before they open. What ever it is will eat its way inside of the bud and devour it. They are leaving behind black and orange poop - which is very tiny.
I presume it is some sort of a bug, but have never seen a red lily beetle or any foamy bits or slime - so I doubt it is that.
In fact I have never seen any bug or caterpillar on them ever. Well, I did see a ladybug nymph today but that isn't doing this! ;)
I really am stumped!
I am going to imbed some pics (attempt it anyway!) of the damage and the poop!
TIA, Holly (aka Bearswife)